Facial Fillers Dallas
Injectable facial fillers have acquired a bad reputation for creating the duck-lips popularized by plastic surgery junkies in Beverly Hills. Though there are still patients and plastic surgeons who use facial fillers for this purpose, when in the right hands facial fillers can achieve subtle results that reverse the initial signs of aging.
A Second Look at Facial Fillers and What They Can Do
Injectable facial fillers are incredibly versatile and can accomplish what plastic surgery cannot. While plastic surgery removes excess tissue and fat, even tightens the skin, it fails to restore volume loss and specific signs of aging. When targeted correctly and used sparingly, facial fillers can:
- Reverse signs of aging around the brows.
- Eliminate hollows under the eyes.
- Revitalize the eyes by removing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Augment cheeks softly and subtly.
- Soften or erase nasolabial folds.
- Fill in hollows that appear at the temples when we age.
- Rejuvenate lips, lower jaw, jowls, earlobes, and hands.
Facial fillers create the ideal contour for your facial features and help balance your proportions with just a few short treatments each year.
Which Facial Fillers Do You Use?
Facial fillers are invaluable for achieving the ideal contour and shape of any facial feature that you want to enhance. There is a wide variety of facial fillers, and each one is matched to a specific problem. Typically, I choose a filler based on how it functions in different areas of facial anatomy. By incorporating my knowledge of symmetry, I select the product that will achieve a beautiful result. The main facial fillers that I use in my office are:
- Restylane to shape and add volume to lips, smooth nasolabial lines, remove frown lines, forehead lines, and crow’s feet, and restore volume to eyes that have become hollow, lined, and wrinkled.
- Radiesse to smooth deep wrinkles around the nose and mouth, smile lines, frown lines, and to augment your chin or cheeks.
- Voluma to augment cheeks that have lost their volume and contour which lasts up to two years.
These facial fillers have been FDA-approved and produce some of the best results for patients in my Dallas practice.
What Happens During the Procedure?
Because facial fillers do not involve the same amount of time for recovery that plastic surgery procedures require, you will not need to take any time from work. In fact, treatment is performed at my Dallas office and takes no more than an hour in total. During the procedure I will:
- Pinpoint the specific location to inject the filler.
- Slowly add filler, observing the changes to ensure the right result.
- Continue adding filler until the desired effect is achieved.
As a capable plastic surgeon with decades of knowledge and an intuitive sense of proportion, I recommend that you choose a plastic surgeon who you trust to perform this procedure.
What are the Side Effects?
Because facial fillers are a non-surgical way to revitalize your facial features, you will experience instant results and a short healing time. Dallas patients typically require no more than a few days of minimal:
By choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon, you will have the peace of mind needed to be confident about your care as soon as you step in the office.
Getting the Best Results
There are a few things that you can do to ensure the best possible results after your treatment. Limit any activities that may cause facial muscles to move around such as:
- Drinking water through a straw
- Chewing gum
- Eating chewy foods
These activities only need to be limited for 48 hours and will shorten healing time while giving your results the best opportunity to settle.
If you have lines, wrinkles, or volume loss that you want corrected, schedule a consultation with Dr. Schwartz by calling his Dallas office at 888-800-8300.